Considering applying to Act Five’s gap year program?
Great! Here is what you need to know:
- All applicants for Act Five 2023-2024 must have graduated from high school in 2021, 2022 or 2023.
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen (this is subject to change).
- Based on your application, students will have the option of taking Act Five courses for credit or not, with full participation required in both scenarios.
*If Act Five courses taken for credit, they are eligible to be counted as transfer credits at select universities and colleges.
- Apply online!
Submit your application online – it’s free to apply until January 15th (after which it becomes $50 to apply). It will include:
- Personal reference and an academic reference
- A short, personal statement of why you want to attend Act Five.
- Other simple questions to help determine your fit within the Act Five program.
- Send in your transcripts
Request and submit up-to-date and official transcripts from your high school(s). Transcripts need to come directly from the guidance office. These can be mailed or emailed to the following:
75 Blake St.
Hamilton, ON L8M 2S7
- Apply for Financial Aid
Act Five seeks to make its gap year program as accessible as possible, offering financial assistance to those who qualify – up to $5000! Financial Aid applications will be made available later in Fall 2022 and are due on March 31st, 2023.
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview with the Act Five staff team.
Dates you need to know:
For maximum consideration, complete your application by our January 15th deadline. After that, Act Five will have a rolling Admissions deadline based on the remaining spaces available.